Home Gallery Sales and Commissions About Contact Blog

Friday, October 29, 2010

New Painting: 'Candle Light'

       'Candle Light' is the newest completed painting! You may click the image below to see a high resolution image of it. It is a self portrait, 24"x30",  oil on canvas, and took approximately 15hrs I suppose. It can also be viewed in my painting gallery of The Art of Mary Kinstler. The photo never does a painting justice, and I assure you that there is much more depth to the dark background than the photo shows. I learned a lot about the depth that 'black' can really have, based on the colors mixed to create that black, ie a red black or a blue black. Very interesting!
Finished 24"x30" oil painting titled 'Candle Light'


   Here are a few more photos taken during the paintings creation.
Almost done

Oh no! I'm green!
         I'm looking forward to my next painting. I'm planning on it being of a surreal nature. Keep your eyes peeled! I am also working on a large drawing.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that only took you 15 hours. That's amazing Mary!!

    ReplyDelete