Home Gallery Sales and Commissions About Contact Blog

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Artistic Opportunities and Events on the Horizon

Laying the Foundation
        October will be a pretty exciting month! There are many artistic opportunities that will be awesome to be a part of. First of all, legendary Pop artist, James Rosenquist, will be unveiling his brand new mural that was commissioned by the Fargo Plains Art Museum. October 7th I will be watching the unveiling and will be there for his talk.

        Second piece of excitement this month will be the Minnesota State University Moorhead Arts Symposium. This will be bringing many national artists to our school for a three day workshop and lecture event, starting the18th. This only happens every ten years in this region. The artist that I will be meeting and watching will be contemporary figurative artist Steven Assael. I have been a fan of his for some time now, and will be really excited to be able to see him work, and let alone meet him!  As part of this event, the faculty from MSUM's art department will have examples of their work displayed at the college gallery, and each professor chooses a student to display a piece along with theirs. I was chosen to have my work displayed!

I will be displaying my diptych of Velveeta for Dinner, and Another Long Day.
Stay tuned! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment