Home Gallery Sales and Commissions About Contact Blog

Friday, October 1, 2010

Preparing the troops for battle

         The first post to this new blog will be the introduction to my artistic mission at hand. I would like to be more of a visible artist, and be available to anyone that would like to know more about me and my work. I can feel that I am on the verge of finding a concrete concept for my work, and will be building my portfolio towards a common idea and style. I also hope that this blog will keep me more motivated towards creating new work, and keeping myself active when I have the time.

           I am building two new canvases today. They are 30"x40" (medium size for me), and will be stretched with canvas (hopefully by tonight :p). Then they will be ready and waiting for my new ideas. I feel like I have a rejuvenated bank of ideas, and hope to be working a lot in the coming months.

          I also have some exciting gallery exhibition opportunities that I am waiting to hear back about. They wouldn't be until next year, but the idea of possibly having my own solo show already really boosts my determination to create new work. Keep your eyes peeled for a lot more contemporary portraiture!

Time to see how straight the wood is!
On the floor, wishing I had a work bench :)
Moving on to the stretching!         



























































































      I am also currently I am working on a side project besides all my school work. I am sketching up a tattoo idea for a client and friend. It will feature a stone bust of Medusa, and will be a half sleeve for the upper arm.
Stone Medusa

No comments:

Post a Comment