Home Gallery Sales and Commissions About Contact Blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Fun has Begun

Hello everyone!
This week is the artist symposium here at MSUM. It is Monday-Wednesday, with many lectures, and demonstrations. So far I have watched the portrait painting demo from my teacher Zhimin Guan. It felt a lot like class, but it was great to simply watch him paint and develop a painting.Today are the lectures and demonstrations by Steven Assael that I have been so excited about! I was chosen to be a part of the MSUM Faculty/Student show during the symposium. Each teacher chose one student to exhibit along side them! Very exciting! I've got to get going, but here are some pictures from the journey so far. Yesterday I even had a little bit of a following after students started seeing my work displayed :) Thank you everyone!

Me with my paintings, along side Zhimin Guan's work
Portrait painting demo with Guan (seen on the right). My work in progress (front center). Guan's painting can be seen in the background.

here are the updates on my self portrait. it is coming along slowly overall, but I have to paint rushed when I do have time to paint :(

Black and White under painting
First layers of color (I'm not painted yet :)

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment