Home Gallery Sales and Commissions About Contact Blog

Friday, December 10, 2010

New Series: Edgy Girls

Sorry for the long gap between updates, but I have been drawing and painting a lot! I actually have a painting that I am finishing up this weekend :) I have been working on a new mini portrait series, focusing on the edgy, alternative lifestyle ladies of the Fargo, ND area. My first seven portraits have been experimental, and now I think I have a solid idea for the direction I want to head in now. I want a more serious, abrasive mood in each portrait. These small 5"x7" portraits will be matted in oval mats, and framed in large decadent, ornate frames. It will be a juxtaposition between the hardcore subjects and the elegant and innocent frames, in order to create an awkward tension between the two. Maybe a nice series for a small gallery show in the future?

 Interested in being a model?

-If you would like to be a model for this series, please send me a note! Go ahead and let me know what photo of you would work best for these edgy portraits. Style such as dark makeup, piercings, or a bad ass expression will work great! I am hoping to exhibit these also, so let me know if it is alright to use your portrait in a future show. I'll see how much time I have, but I hope to do everyone.

-The portraits will be available for $50 including the framing.

-Also, if you have any old 8"x10" frames that you were thinking of getting rid of, I will take them off your hands! Please send me a note if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment